One coat of China Glaze Sunday Funday, and then two coats of Ocean from Picture Polish…
I recently found some old video footage that I shot back in June. While I don’t like the particular polish color I used in the video (I think it’s technically a white neon), the tips included in the video are valuable because white (and super light) nail polishes are particularly challenging. It can be difficult to get perfect results.
Here are some tips and tricks for getting the best manicure possible when using white polishes. :)
NOTE: The polish I used is the video is Mod in Manhattan from Color Club. It was included in a Birchbox sample box.
Trying out different reds for the upcoming holiday season. Today’s polish is Unlawful by Orly.
Sorry for not posting for SO long, guys! I’ve been posting nail pictures on my Instagram, though. Be sure to check those out.
Anyhow, this is definitely not one of the gruesome, scary Halloween manicures out there. Yikes! I’m definitely more of a Casper the Friendly Ghost type of Halloween celebrator. :)
Here are the details on each finger…
- Thumb: Essie Orange It’s Obvious with Cheeky CH6 plate stamped in Konad Special Polish in white
- Pointer Finger: OPI Black Onyx with Bundle Monster BM-H07 plate stamped in Konad Special Polish in white
- Middle Finger: Essie Orange It’s Obvious, Zoya Darcy, and OPI Alpine Snow, with China Glaze Fairy Dust on top
- Ringer Finger: OPI Black Onyx with Cheeky CH10 plate stamped in Konad Special Polish in white
- Pinky Finger: Essie Orange It’s Obvious with Orly Tiara on top
All nails were topped with Seche Vite topcoat. :)
Took a chance and tried stamping with a China Glaze polish today. Most of the time I stick with my tried and true polishes that I know I work (see this blog entry), but I thought since the base color on this manicure was a lighter pink, maybe the dark magenta raspberry color of Traffic Jam would stamp okay? I tried it on some paper first, and success! I just had to be sure to stamp quickly. Otherwise, it dried too quickly.
Anyhow, since I’ve tried that one, I want to try even more darker polishes! Have you discovered more non-Konad polishes that work well with stamping? Leave a comment below! :)
Thumb & Ring Fingers
The gradient stamping was done with three colors, similar to how I stamped in this video.
Pointer, Middle, & Pinky Fingers