Sorry for not posting for SO long, guys! I’ve been posting nail pictures on my Instagram, though. Be sure to check those out.
Anyhow, this is definitely not one of the gruesome, scary Halloween manicures out there. Yikes! I’m definitely more of a Casper the Friendly Ghost type of Halloween celebrator. :)
Here are the details on each finger…
- Thumb: Essie Orange It’s Obvious with Cheeky CH6 plate stamped in Konad Special Polish in white
- Pointer Finger: OPI Black Onyx with Bundle Monster BM-H07 plate stamped in Konad Special Polish in white
- Middle Finger: Essie Orange It’s Obvious, Zoya Darcy, and OPI Alpine Snow, with China Glaze Fairy Dust on top
- Ringer Finger: OPI Black Onyx with Cheeky CH10 plate stamped in Konad Special Polish in white
- Pinky Finger: Essie Orange It’s Obvious with Orly Tiara on top
All nails were topped with Seche Vite topcoat. :)
Took a chance and tried stamping with a China Glaze polish today. Most of the time I stick with my tried and true polishes that I know I work (see this blog entry), but I thought since the base color on this manicure was a lighter pink, maybe the dark magenta raspberry color of Traffic Jam would stamp okay? I tried it on some paper first, and success! I just had to be sure to stamp quickly. Otherwise, it dried too quickly.
Anyhow, since I’ve tried that one, I want to try even more darker polishes! Have you discovered more non-Konad polishes that work well with stamping? Leave a comment below! :)
Thumb & Ring Fingers
The gradient stamping was done with three colors, similar to how I stamped in this video.
Pointer, Middle, & Pinky Fingers
Gotta love aqua and black. :) Here are the details on each finger…
- Thumb: Essie In the Cab-Ana with Cheeky Jumbo Plate B stamped in Konad Special Polish White
- Pointer Finger: Essie In the Cab-Ana with Out the Door Northern Lights glitter topcoat
- Middle Finger: Essie In the Cab-Ana with Cheeky Jumbo Plate B stamped in Konad Special Polish White
- Ring Finger: Orly Liquid Vinyl with Cheeky Jumbo Plate B stamped in Konad Special Polish White
- Pinky Finger: Essie In the Cab-Ana with Out the Door Northern Lights glitter topcoat
EDITED TO ADD: I forgot to mention that you can get 10% off your order at winstoniastore.com through April 30, 2013, by using the code DAILYSOMETHING. Thanks, Winstonia!
Winstonia sent me their stamping plates to review and they arrived yesterday. Couldn’t wait to try them out! I’ll have a more thorough review later after I’ve tried a few more designs out, but for now here’s some polish and stamping. As for a short review, I had no problems stamping this one design. I used a regular Konad scraper and stamper.
I think this almost looks like a Halloween nail design! LOL!
From start to finish… First, I painted two coats of A-England Avalon (it’s the perfect purple under the glitter polish I wanted to use)…
Then I added one coat of Smitten Hocus Pocus. I don’t want to run out of this glitter polish so that’s why I layered it over the A-England Avalon. The purples are perfectly matched. :)
For the stamping, I used Winstonia plate W108 and Essie No Place Like Chrome (silver) to stamp a “paint dripping” tip. There were a couple nails that I didn’t get the design on the complete tip of the nail, so I went over the tip with the silver polish.
Base Color: Nicole by OPI Show You Care
Stamping Color: Essie Nothing Else Metals (YES, the Essie metallic polishes stamp well)
Stamping Plate: Bundle Monster BM-310
NOTE: I wore the purple polish by itself for a day and then added the stamping. So there’s a bit of tip wear visible in the photos. :)